About the programme
The success of an enterprise is dependent on its foundation and its ability to adapt to change. The last two decades have seen significant change in business models, driven by innovative tech and design. Start-ups and agile players have created new industries or ways of life (Uber, Whatsapp), and gained significant market share from established companies (e-tailers like Flipkart). Fintech (PayTM, Zerodha) has been at the core of creating new-age customer experiences.
India has been at the forefront of these changes with 100+ unicorns, as well as digital payment products that are the best in the world (UPI, IMPS, etc.), which are so good that they are being adapted by other countries.
The BBA programme at JKLU believes in providing learners a strong foundation in core management, new-age skills (communications, critical thinking, entrepreneurial mindset, etc.) and focused specializations that ensure that they are job-ready when they graduate. The Indian economy is expected to be the fastest growing in the world, and we are making sure that our graduates will make best use of the emerging opportunities.
- BBA Banking & Fintech: Digitization has completely transformed the way India banks and pays. Our industry-integrated programme ensures our students learn new-age Banking and Fintech from the industry experts. Our unique internships, after the 2nd year and in the 6th semester, ensure our students learn in real-life corporate environments and are truly job-ready when they graduate. Among our industry partners are India’s premier digital bank (awarded as the most Innovative Bank of the Year), one of the largest non-banking finance companies in India, a leading affordable housing finance company, and many others.
- BBA Entrepreneurship: An entrepreneurial mindset distinguishes the best professionals from the average. Our BBA Entrepreneurship programme provides an opportunity to earn a degree and be an entrepreneur at the same time. This programme includes learning at JKLU’s unique Start-up Studio, access to our Atal Incubation Centre setup with Niti Aayog, and the only BizLab in Rajasthan, in collaboration with All India Management Association.
- BBA Interdisciplinary: This unique programme offers a core management foundation, new-age skills, and a choice of courses from technology and design, coupled with a flexible choice of specialization. Students learn from the best-in-class industry experts and experienced faculty, understand how the interplay of technology and design is changing customer experiences, and emerge as versatile graduates ready to take on any role in the new-age economy.
Why BBA at JKLU?
- Study at a NAAC ‘A’ Grade University, and benefit from recognition with employers and Higher Education Institutions for further studies in India and abroad.
- Benefit from outstanding internship and placement support (the highest CTC for students graduating in 2022 was Rs. Eight Lakh)
- Learn from faculty members from IIMs, industry and global institutions.
- Experience virtual business simulation at the AIMA BizLab (the only one in Rajasthan), and compete with students from universities all across India.
- Establish a solid foundation in core management areas of Marketing, Finance, HR, Economics, etc., along with domain specializations.
- Build life skills of collaboration, communication, and critical thinking for success, with JKLU’s Centre of Communication and Critical Thinking (CCCT).
- Explore electives and inter-disciplinary courses in Design Thinking, Automation, AI&ML and Liberal Studies.
- Attend expert sessions by industry experts.
- Participate in real-life case studies, role-plays, team projects, discussions and field projects.
Selection of a student at JKLU will be finalised after a series of evaluative steps.
- Submission of the application form with required details.
- Personal Interaction Round with Faculty, provided the student meets the eligibility criteria.
- Merit-based assessment of candidates, focusing on attitude and aptitude, to help them benefit from the unique learning experience at JKLU.
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in both Class X & XII.
- Students appearing in the final examination of XII may also apply. However, the admission will be provisional subject to achieving the minimum marks.
- For those who appeared in Class XII exam in 2023, only XII marks in the applicable subjects will be considered for eligibility.
- For Class XII Score: English and three subjects as per University norms.
- Marks awarded by a recognised Central/State Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) will be considered.
- Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/Non-Resident Indian candidates can be considered for admission on the basis of their marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination only.
- As part of holistic evaluation of student applications, in case of exceptional students, VC may approve a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum requirement for a programme.
|One Time Fee|
(Last Date – 31st March 2023)
|Admission Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee) Non-Refundable||₹5000|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹25,000|
|Regular Admissions||Application Fee||₹1000|
|Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)||₹5,000|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹25,000|
|Programme||Annual fee for academic session 2023-24|
Merit based Scholarships:
JKLU has established a generous scholarship programme that offers multiple scholarships to students based on their academic merit and financial need. In order to avail these scholarships and receive maximum benefit, the students must fulfil the required criteria and conditions.
To know more about scholarships and financial aid, Click here.
Fees for accommodation, food and other facilities – 2023-24 (in rupees)
|Type of Accommodation||AC room charges for 2023-24||Non-AC room charges for 2023-24|
|Hostel Fees||₹ 80000||₹ 65000|
|Utility Charge||₹ 25000||₹ 10000|
(to be adjusted as per actual)
|₹ 55000||₹ 55000|
|Total||₹ 160000||₹ 130000|
- University reserves the right to increase academic fee by a maximum of 10% annually.
- Transport fees is ₹ 40,000 per year (to be revised)
- The above-mentioned fee as applicable to citizens of India and SAARC Countries.
- Hostel charges are on annual basis.
- Hostel charges are for one academic year and the students are not allowed to leave the hostel during the semester.
- Hostel fee, as above, is applicable to all boarding students.
- Hostel rooms are on twin sharing basis. Hostel Charges are subject to yearly revision.
- Hostel security deposit of ₹5,000 would be payable along with first year’s fees. It is refundable at the time of leaving the Hostel.
Refund policy: Refunds for the fee deposited for registration will be as per the following guidelines:
|S.No.||Dates||Amount to be deducted|
|1.||Till July 14, 2023||No deduction|
|2.||15th July 2023 – 21st July 2023||2,000 INR|
|3.||22nd July 2023 – 28th July 2023||5,000 INR|
|4.||29th July 2023 – 4th August 2023||20% of Academic Fee|
|5.||5th August 2023 – 11th August 2023||40% of Academic Fee|
|6.||12th August 2023 – 18th August 2023||60% of Academic Fee|
|7.||19th August 2023 – 25th August 2023||80% of Academic Fee|
|8.||After 25th August 2023||No Refund|
The BBA programs at JKLU follow a globally benchmarked curriculum covering foundation courses in core management areas, specialized courses developed and delivered with industry experts and a series of life – skill courses offered by Centre for Communication and Critical Thinking.
For detailed curriculum, see the course pages:
- Foundation of Management
- Spreadsheet Essentials
- Accounting for Business
- Fundamentals of Communication
- Understanding and Leading Self
- Introduction to Financial Services and Fintech (Elective)
- Business Mathematics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Critical Thinking and Storytelling
- Entrepreneur & Entrepreneurship (Elective)
- Retail Banking & Retail Lending (Elective)
- Human Resource Management
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- Statistical Reasoning
- Perspectives on Contemporary Issues
- Idea to Business Model (Elective)
- Principles of Financial Risk Management (Elective)
- Summer Social Project (Elective)
Students pursuing undergraduate studies and seeking a transfer to JKLU from their current institution can apply now for Lateral Admission for the academic session 2023-2024.