About the programme
BCA at JKLU is designed to offer application based learning in computer application through a cross-disciplinary and multi-perspective curriculum that focusses on building skills and a knowledge base for computer application development and IT administration. A number of core courses in contemporary and emerging technologies are well integrated in the course programme to help facilitate learning. Red Hat, Cisco, ORACLE, and IBM certifications are also available to students.
Why BCA at JKLU?
BCA at JKLU is exclusive as it allows students to learn concepts and theories in real-life work situations with project driven internships. The unique cross-disciplinary study curriculum creates promising careers in areas like data analytics, cloud computing, cyber security, and robotic process automation. The students also get to benefit from the mentorship of top industry leaders and stalwarts. Curated workshops and internships provide the students real-life work scenarios and exposure alongside classroom teaching. Selected students get an opportunity to pursue one semester at a partner university in India or abroad.
- Fundamental of IT
- Environmental Studies
- Fundamentals of Communication
- Computer Organisation
- Web Application Development
- Critical Thinking and Storytelling
- Data Structures
- Database Management and Applications
- Statistical Computing
- Perspectives on Contemporary
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Computer Networks and Network Administrations
- Communication and Identity
- Operating Systems and Linux
- Practice School-1/DE-III
- Understanding and Managing Conflicts
- Minor Project
- Critical Thinking for Decisions at Workplace
- Practice School – II /Entrepreneurial Project/Research Project/Semester at a partner University
Selection of a student at JKLU will be finalised after a series of evaluative steps.
- Submission of the application form with required details.
- Personal Interaction Round with Faculty, provided the student meets the eligibility criteria.
- Merit-based assessment of candidates, focusing on attitude and aptitude, to help them benefit from the unique learning experience at JKLU.
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in both Class X & XII.
- Students appearing in the final examination of XII may also apply. However, the admission will be provisional subject to achieving the minimum marks.
- For those who appeared in Class XII exam in 2023, only XII marks in the applicable subjects will be considered for eligibility.
- For Class XII Score: English, Maths/ Physics/ Economics/ Accountancy/ Computer Science/ Informatics Practices and two subjects as per university norms.
- Marks awarded by a recognised Central/State Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) will be considered.
- Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin/Non-Resident Indian candidates can be considered for admission on the basis of their marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination only.
- As part of holistic evaluation of student applications, in case of exceptional students, VC may approve a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum requirement for a programme.
|One Time Fee|
(Last Date – 31st March 2023)
|Admission Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee) Non-Refundable||₹5000|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹25,000|
|Regular Admissions||Application Fee||₹1000|
|Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)||₹5,000|
|Registration Fee (Adjustable in Academic Fee)||₹25,000|
|Programme||Annual fee for academic session 2023-24|
Merit based Scholarships:
JKLU has established a generous scholarship programme that offers multiple scholarships to students based on their academic merit and financial need. In order to avail these scholarships and receive maximum benefit, the students must fulfil the required criteria and conditions.
To know more about scholarships and financial aid, Click here.
Fees for accommodation, food and other facilities – 2023-24 (in rupees)
|Type of Accommodation||AC room charges for 2023-24||Non-AC room charges for 2023-24|
|Hostel Fees||₹ 80000||₹ 65000|
|Utility Charge||₹ 25000||₹ 10000|
(to be adjusted as per actual)
|₹ 55000||₹ 55000|
|Total||₹ 160000||₹ 130000|
- University reserves the right to increase academic fee by a maximum of 10% annually.
- Transport fees is ₹ 40,000 per year (to be revised)
- The above-mentioned fee as applicable to citizens of India and SAARC Countries.
- Hostel charges are on annual basis.
- Hostel charges for one academic year and the students are not allowed to leave the hostel during the semester.
- Hostel fee, as above, is applicable to all boarding students.
- Hostel rooms are on twin sharing basis. Hostel Charges are subject to yearly revision.
- Hostel security deposit of ₹5,000 would be payable along with first year’s fees. It is refundable at the time of leaving the Hostel.
Refund policy: Refunds for the fee deposited for registration will be as per the following guidelines:
|S.No.||Dates||Amount to be deducted|
|1.||Till July 14, 2023||No deduction|
|2.||15th July 2023 – 21st July 2023||2,000 INR|
|3.||22nd July 2023 – 28th July 2023||5,000 INR|
|4.||29th July 2023 – 4th August 2023||20% of Academic Fee|
|5.||5th August 2023 – 11th August 2023||40% of Academic Fee|
|6.||12th August 2023 – 18th August 2023||60% of Academic Fee|
|7.||19th August 2023 – 25th August 2023||80% of Academic Fee|
|8.||After 25th August 2023||No Refund|
Students pursuing undergraduate studies and seeking a transfer to JKLU from their current institution can apply now for Lateral Admission for the academic session 2023-2024.