Just not on the same day,
Or the same way”
Following these beautiful lines quoted by famous personality George Evans. At JK Lakshmipat University which is one of the top private universities in Jaipur, the Student Welfare Committee endeavors to help a student’s educational process to advance their academic as well as personal abilities.
It targets at avoiding the hindrances that may come in the path of a student’s learning process so that they can be qualified professionally upon the national and international levels. This committee complies with the policies set by the University in order to facilitate a positive academic environment to the students and help them to proceed in their career with minimal obstruction. During the stay of a student in the campus, this committee is responsible for solving all the student’s grievances. The Student Welfare Committee of JK Lakshmipat University is responsible for the general and specific well-being of students. The committee works for the overall welfare of the student in terms of student development which consist of student development program and student publication, counseling of the students, social activities and many more.
In JK Lakshmipat University, Jaipur, student welfare committee works on some basic functions for the welfare of a student which includes the following:
- First and foremost to develop the student-teacher relationship bond
- Listening to their problems and understanding what is required for their development in any manner.
- Assisting the students in their learning process
- This includes not just academics but also the practical learning experience.
- Addressing and solving their various issues
- Addressing the feedbacks of students regarding different areas of curriculum and resolving the issues with no or little efforts from the students.
- Flourishing relationship with parents and organizing meetings for them
- Addressing the issues from guardians and resolving them to whatever the needs are.
- Organizing special coaching for slow learners
- Not every child understands in the same manner, the committee therefore ensures that those who could not understand the topics shall be taught in a friendlier manner, separately.
- Conducting periodic meetings to talk over student welfare. By organizing activities and facilitating student interests
- Organizes co-curricular activities for personality development.
- Managing the needs for extracurricular activities
- It looks after activities like music, sports, etc. for students.
At last, I would like to conclude that “Student Welfare Committee is the paternal committee of all committees” it will not be wrong.
About The Author