JK Lakshmipat University (JKLU) was established in Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan, in the year 2011 to give students the cutting-edge of holistic learning and to develop promising youngsters into leaders of tomorrow with globally relevant, future-ready and actionable intelligence. One of the top universities of Jaipur, Rajasthan, JKLU has excellent infrastructure, a proper mix of experienced, young and dynamic faculty, and a strong focus on placements for building technocrats and leaders of tomorrow.
The faculty recruitment process makes the JKLU best technical institute in Rajasthan. The Faculties are from the best known institutes from India like IITs, NITs and other premier Institutes. JK Lakshmipat University, we offer degree programs for BTech, MTech and PhD in various engineering disciplines.
At JKLU, we design the curriculum according to the leading industries of the country. The students are motivated to learn the new things not only in the chosen field also in other areas.
Here at JKLU which is among the best universities in Jaipur, We are offering the Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). There are many courses in the MOOC in each discipline of engineering designed by the best known faculties of the Country. Here at JKLU, Faculties and Students are motivated to pursue the MOOC courses to enhance their knowledge in the field of interest. MOOC courses runs twice in academic year, thus odd Semester is from July to December and even Semester is from January to June. Faculty is required to register for the particular course and the proper monitoring of completion of the courses is done by the MOOC providers. After completion of the course, registered member may go for the certification.
This enhance the knowledge of the faculty in the chosen field along with the current market research and scenario. This helps faculty to understand the demand of market and groom the student according to that demand.
The following MOOC platform are taken into consideration for courses at JKLU:
- SWAYAM (Offered by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India) in association with AICTE & Microsoft.
- E- PG Pathsala (under NME- ICT: Ministry of HRD, Govt. of Odisha)
- edX by MIT, Harvard, Berkeley & others
- Coursera by Stanford, University of Arizona, UC Davis & others
- Udacity – Georgia Institute of Technology, Google, NVDIA, IBM, AT & T others (Nano degrees, specific for certificate courses & skill development)
Students of JKLU can understand the MOOC Courses by working along with the faculty or can register themselves online through any platform for the MOOC course. This give the following advantages:
- They can explore new pathways to higher education to pursue their research and degree.
- Build ‘global’ network to work in groups with international partners
- Develop high quality resources for active learning on campus
UGC (University Grant Commission) has also started a Credit Framework for online learning courses through SWAYAM (Regulation, 2016, New Delhi dated 19th July 2016). SWAYAM is a Study Webs of Active-learning for Young Aspiring Minds, this gives Students and Faculties to grow with better learning and future. It is developed by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with the help of Microsoft. This is Capable of hosting 2000 courses and 80000 hours of learning: covering school, under-graduate, post-graduate, engineering, law and other professional courses. Students of various fields of interest can register themselves at https://swayam.gov.in
SWAYAM works in four Quadrants as described below:
Quadrant-I (e-Tutorial): Video and Audio Content in an organized form, Animation, Simulations, Virtual Labs.
Quadrant-II (e-Content): PDF/e-Books/illustration, video demonstrations, documents and Interactive simulations wherever required.
Quadrant-III (Web Resources): Related Links, Open Content on Internet, Case Studies, Historical development of the subject, Articles.
Quadrant-IV (Self-Assessment): MCQ, Problems, Quizzes, Assignments and solutions, Discussion forum topics and setting up the FAQ, Clarifications on general misconceptions.
Course is offered in SWAYAM in the following way:
- There is one SME (subject matter expert) / PI (Principal Investigator) from the host institution (the institution offering the course).
- There is one Couse Coordinator from parent institution (where the students are enrolled) to guide the students throughout the course and to facilitate/conduct the Lab/Practical sessions/examinations.
- Examination Process is declared at the time of offering the courses online and register member can write the exams through pen & paper.
- Register member can go for the Certification.
After completing/certifying the MOOC courses, students can reference it for the higher study, can work in research and innovation Labs, companies. Also, the students can help the country for developing through Digital India Initiative and Startups.
About the Author