India is one of fastest growing economy in the world. Indian government has been taking many initiatives i.e. digital India, Make in India, skilled India, etc., to empower Indians in taking India forward. After these initiatives, many Indians and foreign businessman came forward to invest in these projects. These companies now require industry ready skilled professionals who are having expertise in their work and having ability to work in team.
To transform developing India into developed India, people should have set of certain skills and core competencies such as collaborations, digital literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving attitude that advocates requirement of best institution who work for value based holistic development and produce industry deployable candidates.
Identifying such a temple of learning among galaxy of institutions is very difficult task now a days. Although parents allow their kids to choose the field for their future career however sometimes situation become very difficult when students are not able to select the programme and the institution in which they supposed to take admission after 10+2 and graduation. They remain confused in selecting programme and best institution based on different parameters like ranking of institution, recognition, accreditation & collaborations, financial benefit to meritorious students, faculty, curriculum, academic and cooperative environment, infrastructure, facilities, activities, locality, and placement.
Well renowned 125 years old corporate house “JK Organization” took initiative to establish JK Lakshmipat University (JKLU) in the year 2011 at pink city Jaipur (Rajasthan) with the aim of practicing a Mentoring Based Education System with intellectual, moral and spiritual culture of its own rooted in Indian ethos and in tune with the global vision of the times. The University also focuses on learning through understanding, knowledge enhancement, skill development, positive attitude formation and encourages innovative thinking. University offers basket of regular and unique industry specialized undergraduate, post-graduate and PhD programmes at it’s flagship institutes of “Engineering” and “Management”.
JK Lakshmipat University might be having similar kind of fee structure, scholarships, students clubs, facilities like medical, sports, local transportation, hostel, cafeteria and cultural activities but there are many parameters which make JK Lakshmipat University as best private University in Rajasthan and could meet the level of satisfaction of all stakeholders.
With these unique features, University has been able to attract good number of students having excellent academic laurels in their respective qualifying examinations and awarded best university of Rajasthan by reputed organizations.
- Ranking: Ranking of any academic institution itself says about its overall strength among other institutions. It ranked as best private University of Rajasthan/Best emerging University of India/ Best University for academic excellence/Global Education Excellence Awards, Top Private B-Schools etc. by many reputed organizations. Outlook, The Education Post and ASSOCHAM, Prime Time Research Media Private Limited, Time Research Media, Rajasthan State Productivity Council Jaipur, IPSA and many more agencies appreciated & awarded University’s small effort in the area of higher education.
- Recognitions and Accreditation: The JK Lakshmipat University is recognized by government of Rajasthan and covered u/s 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956. The UGC has empowered University to award degrees as per the JK Lakshmipat University Act 2011. The University is accredited by International Accreditation Organization (IAO) and member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Collaborations: The University has signed MoU with following reputed institutions of India and abroad for providing global exposure to the students. University gives opportunity to work/study for their assignments. The Hanyang University, South Korea, University of Wales, United Kingdom, St. Cloud State University, U.S.A, Széchenyi István University, Hungary signed MoU with the JK Lakshmipat University to establish the understanding of collaborative work and exchanging of data, documentation and research material in the fields of mutual interest.
- Faculty: Faculty is the one who develops the competence and confidence in a student. Faculty prepares student for industry deployable. University is equipped with nice combination of experienced and young faculty members having excellent exposure of industry/research. Approx. 70% faculties are doctorate and hold degrees from NITs, IITs, IIMs and other reputed institutions of India or abroad.
- Mentorship: When students are taking admission in an institution away from their home, they require a person who cares for their problems. The University follows unique faculty mentorship mechanism where faculty helps students in resolving their personal and professional problems. Faculty meets students frequently so that students can share any kind of problems without fear.
- Practice based Learning: Apart from learning through regular theory and practice based lab sessions, University also provides opportunity to work and learn in industry in opted programme of respective institute. It is mandatory for a student to pursue two industrial training i.e. post Semester-IV practice school-I for 4-6 weeks and post Semester-VIII practice school-II for 16 weeks duration of a B. Tech programmes.
- Infrastructure: Apart from other common but good facilities, Institute of Engineering and Technology is equipped with Rajasthan’s best laboratories where students can learn by practicing on equipments and develop their projects.
- Placement: University is having excellent placement record. Students are placed in reputed multinational companies with handsome package.
About The Author:
Associate Professor, Department of Physics, IET, JKLU